Thursday, December 6, 2012

Today's Best

On Zazzle, there are shops of differing sizes. Some shops only have 100 items while others have several hundred thousand items.

Although my store was small and boutique-ish my designs were trendy. By the spring of 2012, I was getting several TBA's a day. TBA's are Today's Best Award.

This is how other designers found my store. This is also how other designers found my designs. This is how I began to lose sales.

After a few months I would do a search of one of my items in the Zazzle marketplace and find Zazzle had gone so far as to create a category for it unto itself.. only my item was not the only one in search, hundreds were..copied.

I would check the other designs that had been copied from my design and they were always created AFTER mine was. None of them were created before my item was designed.

No comments:

Post a Comment